Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fat Cat

Poor Meow. The famous 37-pound cat died when his heart gave out this weekend.  He had been turned over to an animal shelter when his elderly owner could no longer care for him.  I don't know how he got so fat (well, I do know... too many sweets, rich food and no exercise) and why the lady let it happen, but Meow had been on a diet and happily living in a foster home when he went into heart failure and could not be saved.  Everyone who met Meow fell in love with him and said he was a sweet and affectionate kitty. It's kind of a wake up call for me.  Sure, I'm just 1 pound overweight, but for my little size it is still bad for my knees and breathing.  No matter how much dieting I do or how many walks I take, I can't get to the 5 pounds that the Orthopedic Dr. recommended I weigh.  I'm always between 5.8-6.2.   The last Vet who saw me said I had very broad shoulders and chest area and that my weight was fine, but I would look and feel better if I was a little lighter. 
I keep telling Linda it's all my fur that makes me look fat!  Look, I'm really skinny!!