Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PB Sniffer


Remy is a life saving dog. He is trained to smell even the most minuscule dust of a peanut. There are many children who could die from severe peanut allergies. He lives with 9-year old Billy and goes everywhere with him. If Remy smells even a trace of peanuts on a table or in a car, he alerts Billy by barking. The trained dogs are expensive, but no amount of money is worth the possible deadly outcome of coming into contact with peanuts when you are allergic. The black lab goes to restaurants, school, hotels and amusement parks with Billy. Other dogs are now trained to sniff out epilepsy and cancer. I wish I could help people that way. I can sniff out cat food from the other side of our house. If I'm sleeping in Linda's big bed and she feeds Chip in the kitchen, I come running. Obviously, this baby is not allergic to peanut butter.