Saturday, July 11, 2009

In the Land of the Giants


I don't know what in the world Linda was thinking tonight. All afternoon there were wonderful smells in the kitchen and lots of chopping being done on the counter. Usually, chopping means cheese and I come a-running. Today, she just kept at it for what seemed like hours. Then, the doorbell rang and I went nuts. Then it kept ringing and ringing 21 times. Pretty soon the house was wall to wall big people. To say I was overwhelmed is putting it mildly. I am only 6 inches tall! There were also 2 very little people who had short fat legs. They kept laughing at me and poking their fingers in my face. One smelled suspiciously like Linda does when she comes home from watching the babies on Sunday night. Everyone was eating, talking and moving around. Linda held me up high at first, then finally I fell asleep in her lap when she sat down. Whew... I hope that does not happen again anytime soon.