Friday, July 31, 2009

What? I Can't Hear You


I have a pig's ear. I know that sounds gross.. in a way, I guess it is. I can't believe that Linda even bought it for me. She hates meaty things and a pigs ear is particularly meaty. I've been an extra good girl today while she taught classes, had lunch with a friend and then cleaned the whole house. Plus we could not walk because it was raining buckets. For my treat, I got to chew on the pig's ear for a little while. When she leaves tonight to go to meet her friends, she will take it back again. I can only chew it under close supervision in case I choke. She'll say "drop it" when it is time to take it away. I'm not allowed to growl or fuss, I just have to let it go. Sometimes I make believe I did not hear her so I can keep chewing. I just hope the pig whose ear I'm chewing does not come looking for it.