Monday, July 6, 2009

Evening Walk


We love walking on the trail as it is getting dark. That is the time the deer really come out to feed and check each other out. Tonight, we did not see one deer, squirrel, unusual bird or even another person. It was like we were the only people or animals in the world. Very weird. Even though we did not see any bugs, the bites on Linda's arms and legs are proof that something else was alive in there. She is covered with bright pink dots of calamine lotion. She is checking me for ticks since one time we took a deer trail that goes right through the underbrush. It's so beautiful because it runs along a gurgling stream. I love nature. This was my third walk of the day too. I did a short one early this A.M., another around 1:00 and then the last at 8:00 p.m. Plus, I got to "tie-out" while Linda worked on the flower beds. I'll be sleeping good tonight.