Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dogs & Newborns= Caution!


I don't know if this is really the dogs fault. A horrible situation, to be sure... but the dog was probably just watching out for the baby. I've never heard of this breed, Native American Indian Dog, but it looks a lot like a wolf to me. The dogs owners newborn baby, just a couple of days old, was put down for a nap inside his crib. A little later, the dad looked outside and saw the baby in the mouth of their pet dog Dakota! He raced outside, but the dog ran off into the woods holding the baby in it's mouth. It took the dad 10 full minutes to catch the dog and save his baby. The baby is in critical condition in the hospital, I just pray it lives. The dog was taking by animal control officers and is in jail. I hope the dog can be sent to live on a farm somewhere else. He did not try to kill the baby, just carry it around. (p.s. photo is not Dakota.)