Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pass the Tissues


I knew it wouldn't be long before dogs got their own flu. Swine flu is still a concern for many people. Now, the news is full of warnings of dog flu (H3N8). It's been detected in 3o states including D.C. This would be a very serious flu if I got it. Symptoms are coughing, sneezing and a runny nose. There is NO WAY I am going to the groomers because there is a high chance of becoming infected with so many dogs in a little area. At my groomer, we all shared the same cages and tables without too much cleaning between. Linda is also keeping me home from the dog park for awhile. Although most dogs do not die from it, the secondary pneumonia can be life-threatening in some cases. The news article did say that it can't be passed on to cats. Lucky for Chip.