Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sleep, Where Art Thou?

Not much sleep happening in The Big Bed last night.  Linda turned the light off at 11:00 after reading for awhile, fell asleep pretty quickly... but woke up at 2:15 a.m. and never really fell back asleep.  I've gotten better about staying asleep when she is awake.  I used to sit up with her, but now I just burrow deeper under the covers and try my best to ignore the light or the tossing and turning.  She's not going to blame it on the munks, although she did think about them a bit.  Since she was awake anyway, she just decided to get out of bed.  I'm hoping I don't have to go on the early walk today.  My joints take a little longer to warm-up, walking the minute I get out of bed is not good for me.  I bet I'll be one of those older dogs who have to go everywhere in a carry-me bag or in a pooch stroller.  I'll only be 5 on my next birthday and I'm already limping and favoring my knees.  Speaking of birthdays....Chimmie's will be turning 1 years old on Aug. 10th!  We'll be doing a little party complete with a special birthday cake.  Maybe we can play bobbing for bones and pin the tail on the cat!