Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dogs-6; Deer-2

We had such adventures on our trail walk today while Linda was at church and later on lunching with her friends.  Paul took us out on the trail.  Linda takes us very early or when it's nearly dark, so we usually don't come across too many people or other dogs.  Today, the trail was packed!  We met 6 dogs along the way.  All of them but one were friendly, and Paul stopped the scary one in his tracks.  There where two dogs off leash chasing a couple of deer!  They ran right in front of us and one of the dogs stopped and threatened us with scary barks.  Paul stood him down and Chim and I were not hurt.  I was more frightened of the deer than the dogs.  When I was little, a deer came right up to Linda when she stopped on the trail to let them cross.  I was in the front pack and almost had a heart attack.  Ever since then, when I see a deer I go into panic mode.  This dog must be mighty brave.