Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Morning Surprise!

When I was getting loved and petted this morning before Linda got out of bed, she noticed something strange.  She could feel my ribs.  I've always tended to be a little on the chubby side, and have been working on getting to the Vet recommended 5.5 pounds for a few years.   I've been hovering around 6.2-6.4 pounds forever.  Excuses abound (too hot/cold outside, my knees pop out of joint, seizures, HUNGER!) so I have not been able to lose the weight.  She was so excited to feel my ribs, she got me out of bed and weighed me on her very exact digital scale.  Sure enough, I've lost weight!  I'm now 5.8 pounds.  I know it's hard to see with all my fur, but that big mound by my front legs is all ribcage.  See how it tapers to a flat tummy?  For me, that is like losing almost 10% of my body weight! All I have left is 3 ounces to go.  Over the last few months, Linda has been slowly decreasing the amount she puts in my bowl and has gone from 3 tiny feedings a day to 2 tiny feedings.  Even Chimmie has lost weight.  He's down to 13.8 and he was pushing close to 15.  It's taking hard work, but I'm on our way to a healthy weight!  Thanks to Paul and Jerry for being the best dog walkers ever!