Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Tricks/Best Dog

It's been a restful kind of day.  We did our walk with Paul while Linda was gone.  It was way too hot for a long trail walk, but we did a short one.  She forgot to leave Paul a note to work with Chimmie on crossing the stepping stones by himself.  He can jump from stone to stone on the ones that are closer together.  Soon, Linda won't have to carry him at all, which will free up her hand to carry the iPhone/camera for emergency calls/photos.  There is no way I could do it though, so she won't even attempt to have me try.  My little legs are too short to chance leaping across the deep water.  (He did fall in the first few times, but then figured it out.  He really is smart when there are cookies involved.)  We took a  nap earlier and feel much better.  Chim has wanted to spend most of the afternoon on the deck playing with his outside toys, so it's been really quite around the house.  It's been a little while since I put up a Snickers photo.  He was my Daddy, Best Friend, Mommy and Protector all rolled into one.  Snickers always let me win the wrestling matches.  I would bite him under the neck or on the ear and hang on when he stood up.  Every time Linda sees a photo of him she gets all teary eyed.  She wants to find the photo of me sticking my entire head inside his mouth.  We loved him.