Monday, March 11, 2013

On The Mend

Sticking my tongue out at Linda for taking my picture when I'm not looking my best

I know some of you have been checking all morning to see an update on how I'm feeling.  Much better!  I wouldn't sleep in The Big Bed, a sure sign I'm not all the way out of the woods. When I'm sick, I always have to be in one of the cave beds (really Chips old cat-dens.)  Linda kept the bedroom door open all night so she could hear me.  I had two little fits of coughing, but that was it.  This morning, I ate a few bits of breakfast and walked a couple of steps in the grass.  Today I've moved to resting in the bed by the sliding glass door.  Whatever pain med's I took last night along with the shots the Vet gave me seemed to help. Earlier, Linda spoke on the phone with my regular Vet's office and they will be talking to the emergency Dr. to get a full update.  The thing that's really hurting is Linda's poor checking account.  She wasn't counting on this expense.  One of Linda's rules is not to use a credit card unless she knows, no questions, that she can pay it off at the end of the month.  That is why she used her checking account even though it made a dent in her regular bill money. She'll just take some teaching subs (already has two!) and maybe postpone her planned weekend Williamsburg/Bush Garden spring trip.