Monday, January 9, 2012

Say "NO" to Snow

It feels like our week of 60 plus degree weather is over.  It was very cold outside this morning.  When Linda sees the deck railing coated with ice, she knows it's going to be sweater morning for Chimmie.  I can just go outside with my fur, because right now I look a little like a polar bear cub.  My fur is thick and crazy, not my cutest look.  It is very functional for winter though so Linda likes to keep it long.  Poor Chim has the same fur all year long and he freezes in the cold.  At least we are not waking up in Anchorage, Alaska.  They have had 18 FEET of snow the last few weeks and more is expected.  People are trapped in their homes because their doors are covered in snow.  Roofs are collapsing and whole buildings have been crushed under the weight of the snow.  Just a few years ago, we had The Snow Storm in our state, but it was maybe 5', not 18'.  Linda's car was almost totally covered with snow.  Looking back, it was a really nice week for us. Of course all Linda's classes were canceled, but she got plenty of exercise shoveling hours every day.  We even took some walks with me safe and warm inside her LL Bean parka.