Monday, January 30, 2012

Philippians

I know Tierney told me months ago that it was bad blog form to post about how many readers you have and the number of hits you get a month.  Every since I found that out, I've totally stopped writing about it.  I still check every morning though to see how many hits I've had.  Maybe it's due to Linda's past teensy-weensy counting obsession she used to have, but it is very interesting.  The strangest stat is always 5:00 a.m.  There are peaks at 8:00 a.m., Noon and then around 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.  The 5:00 a.m. stat is always strangely the same, withing 2 or 3 hits.  And it's one of the heaviest hours of the entire day.  This always puzzles me.  According to the stats, the majority of the readers are from the USA, followed by the UK; Canada; Russia then the Philippians.  (Spell check changed her spelling to Philippians, so she is keeping it that way.  It would be great if they had blogs in Jesus time.  Can you imagine if there was a blog about Jesus as he went about his way?  Oh wait, there kind of is. )
Linda once read somewhere that bookstores report the Bible is the most stolen book off their shelves.

I bet all those 5:00 a.m. readers are in the same office.  They probably all get into work around the same time, get their coffee and check my blog.  Then they go into the conference room and discuss all the latest updates.  If it's in another part of the US or a different country, I guess it wouldn't be weird at all.  It's just that its always the same number that makes me think it's one group checking the same time.  If you are one of the 5:00 a.m. readers, would you email me and tell me the story.