Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An Ode to Chimmie

There are certain things that happened to me from when I was little that contributed to the kind of dog I am today.  I was very (very-very-very) spoiled.  Since I was only 1 1/2 pounds when I came to live with my family, Linda and Jerry were really careful that I didn't get injured.  I also had hypoglycemia.  If I didn't eat every few hours, I could get sick.  Because of that, Jerry would feed me by hand with a little baby spoon to coax me to eat.  I was carried everywhere just in case I got stepped on.  I was rocked to sleep because I missed my birth mommy and would cry for her at night.  I wasn't socialized very much, because new people made me nervous.  Today, I am a very fussy eater.  I only want Wegman's chicken (which I never get, except when I'm at Jerry's.)  I HAVE to sleep in The Big Bed at night.  During walks, sometimes I still need to be carried. New people still make me hide under the dresser.  Chimmie, on the other hand isn't spoiled at all.  He's really an amazing dog.  He'll go in his bathroom den without a whimper and stay there all night without begging to come out.  He walks everywhere.  He'll eat anything (even cat poop.)  Every person he meets is his new best friend. Sure, he has his quirks (way too many to list in this post) but I don't give him enough credit for the great dog he is.  Yay for Chimmie!