Saturday, January 28, 2012

Over 30 Pounds of Pets

I am the pack leader.  You will obey me.
The other day Linda weighed herself to see how much she lost during her 24-hour sickness.   Can you really lose 5 pounds in one day?  The second she started drinking and eating, it came back on.  She was so dehydrated, it was just a false-OH MY GOSH I ONLY WISH- kind of weight.  (Don't tell me you never weighed yourself after you've been sick and been a little bit gleeful?)  Since the scale was out of hiding, she decided that all the pets needed to have their weights checked.  I went first.  I'm trusting you not to judge me when I tell you my weight.  Linda thought I was feeling a little tubby of late and she was right.... I am 6.4 pounds!  I need more exercise and less cookies.  Next up, Chimmie.  He acts like Linda is putting him on the rack when she sets him on the scale.  He does not move because he is scared it will do something horrible to him.  He actually lost a pound!  He weighed in at 14.2.  That is still huge for a full blooded Chihuahua with zero percent body fat.  That is so not fair!  Guys always lose weight without trying.  Lastly, Chip Cat had her turn.  She only lets two people in the world pick her up, Linda and Tierney.  When Linda carried her down the hallway, she made these gurgling squeaks in the back of her throat.  It's impossible, but Chip Cat lost weight too!  She was only 9.8 pounds.  At one time she was over 12.  How is it that I'm the only one who got fatter?