Thursday, June 9, 2011

Umoja, Kenya


Tier and Linda had a nice lunch today. She got to look at the 100's of photos Tier took. There are a few amazing one of wild monkeys, giraffes and wildebeests. The kids that she worked with are just adorable. She remembers some of the little ones that were babies and now they are 4 years old. In a church in Umoja, lots of the kids there have HIV/Aids. Tier always wonders which ones are going to be alive when she visits the next year. They love her and she has a special place in her heart for them. Linda asked her about the winter hats and coats the kids were wearing. It's because it's winter there and was only 75 degrees. To them, that is cold and it requires a wool hat to keep warm. Tier said it was her best trip to Africa ever. They got to help so many people. She said that they didn't eat goat head soup this time, they only ate goat meat. After lunch, Tier came back to our house and relaxed on our deck reading. It was good seeing her, but I wasn't feeling that great. I had a seizure when she first got there. After a seizure, I need to sleep and be kept still. Now it's almost 9 p.m. and I'm stressing because of the thunder. The little guy in the photo looks like he wants his Mommy. I know just how he feels. I want to be pressed right up against Linda because I'm scared.