Thursday, June 2, 2011

Big Bones


A few minutes after Linda got home from teaching tonight, Paul came to the door. He had a giant bag of steak bones for Chimmie and I. The bones are so big that Chimmie had a hard time picking it up. Paul and his family had a 4th of July picnic and they saved them all. Chimmie has been enjoying one of the bones out on the deck for the last hour. Linda said I might get sick if I have one with any traces of meat left on it. As soon as Chimmie gets his cleaned off, she said I can have a turn chewing on it. Since I have a delicate stomach, plus I'm trying to lose weight I need to stay away from eating anything rich or high in calories. Although the vet told us that I'm really not overweight, I just have a very broad chest and shoulders for a little dog. UPDATE: I just read this again. It was a Memorial Day picnic. If it was 4th of July, Chimmie would be dead from old, rancid meat!)