Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake


I'm so jittery. The thunder is crashing very loud, right outside our window. Chimmie is being adorable. He is licking me everywhere and trying to calm me down. I'm tucked up under Linda's arm trying to snuggle as close as possible. He's poking his head close to me kissing my ears and face. Now he's nibbling on my legs. It is taking my mind off the scary thunder, so I don't mind. I'm thankful we got our walk in earlier today, because it's pouring out now. Linda's glad, because her body needs to rest from her hard classes tonight. For dinner she ate a "sausage" that was wrapped on melted cheesy Indian bread called naan. It smelled just like real meat, no one would have known it was fake sausage. Right now she would saw off her arm for a bite of something sweet. She checked every cupboard, the fridge and freezer and there isn't one bit of dessert anywhere. If it wasn't pouring, she would drive right up to the store and buy something yummy. This is a cake she shared with her friend Laura at a restaurant called Champs. It's taller than a fork! It was a long time ago, but she said she remembered it was delicious. It probably has more calories then she burned off in teaching all 4 of her classes today. Instead, we are all going to bed.