Saturday, June 25, 2011

Culprit Caught Tan Pawed!


The mystery of the latched gate deck has been solved. This whole time we thought someone was coming up on our deck and latching the gate shut during the night or at weird times when Linda knew she left it open. The gate keeps Chimmie up on the deck and out of the backyard during the day. As you all know, Chim unsupervised in the backyard can be a disaster. Linda put us both outside for a little while and made sure the gate was open. I had just woken up from a long nap and had to use the outside pee-pee pad. She went back to try and figure out her laptop problem (I know, she was supposed to stop but thought she would just give it ONE MORE TRY.) After about 10 minutes, she heard me barking like I was hurt. She rushed to the sliding glass door to see what the fuss was about. Chim came running in, but I wasn't there and she could still hear me crying! Her heart almost stopped. She ran out onto the deck and found me locked off and stuck on the steps crying my eyes out. Chimmie shut and latched the gate, trapping me on the steps!! He is such a brat. She still can't figure out how he does it because the gate is heavy and has to be pushed pretty hard to get the latch to catch.