Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shorty


We did our trail walk early this morning before it got too hot. We were still on our street not even to the trail path and I wanted to be carried. The sun was so hot that I was panting and heaving. As soon as we got to the woods, it was cooler and shady so I walked the entire 50 minutes. Usually we don't see anyone or maybe just one lone person jogging. Today we saw 6 people and 1 dog jogging or walking. Chimmie is no longer afraid of dogs as long as they don't act threatening. It's such an disadvantage that I'm so small and short, I could never fight back against a dog who was taller or bigger than me. This big dog growled at us as he went past, so we both hunkered down low to the ground. Linda was right there to front kick his teeth if he would have lunged at us, so we were safe. For some reason, the biting bugs were everywhere and Linda's legs have little welts on them. She'll have to start using bug spray before trail walks from now on.