Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When Bears Attack


I decided to try an experiment while Chimmie was busy exploring the backyard this morning. Since Linda left the sliding glass door open, I took my chances and wandered out to the deck. He never stopped sniffing around the yard. Feeling brave, I actually walked down the deck steps into the backyard...all by myself with Chimmie outside!! Linda was watching this all from the kitchen window. As soon as he spied me, I froze like a statue and never twitched a muscle. He sprinted over, stopped and smelled me, then ran away! I think it's like if a bear is coming at you. You never run away from the danger, just freeze and play dead. I tricked him into thinking I was dead and he left me alone. It kept working over and over. Eventually, he just ignored me all together. Yeah!