Monday, March 14, 2011

Outside Dog


It's a beautiful, sunny day and that means that Chimmie is outside lolling on the deck. I get the house (and especially Linda) all to myself. He just loves it out there which is A-OK with me. Hey, why don't we just move him outside permanently and let him be an outside dog? That is how Snickers was most of the time. Linda would have to bodily drag him inside when it was too hot or too cold out. It wasn't until he got up in age that he started wanting to stay inside all the time. Towards the end of his life, Linda was having to carry Snicker's 80 pound body up and down the deck stairs so he could go to the bathroom. When I get old and crippled, Linda won't have any problem carrying me everywhere. Oh wait, she already carries me everywhere so it won't be any different.