Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Speedy Gonzales!


It feels like Spring has Sprung. We are continuing to take turns outside in the backyard. Chimmie comes in and I go out. It's the only way I like it. He is way too rough and tumble for me in the backyard. When Chim runs, he looks like a cheetah. His darn legs are the length of a dalmatian, but his body is lighter so he can fly! If I'm in the way, it's like the Road Runner: BEEP! BEEP! and he plows over me. At least inside he can't pick up that kind of speed. Linda has tried to run with him on the leash, but he automatically shuts down and pancakes himself to the sidewalk. He is so afraid of running on the leash, but loves it off leash. We should enter him in the NYC America's Fastest Chihuahua race. A 4 1/2 year old Chi named Maddy covered the 35-foot track in two seconds flat, leaving the other Chi's in the dust. We're going to mark out that length in the backyard and let him practice. Linda will have someone hold him, then let him smell a piece of chicken she is holding. Then she'll walk backward to the finish line. I would come in dead last. My short little legs and pudgy belly kind of make me a slow-poke.