Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fatter Tuesday


Whoopee! I just found out today is Fat Tuesday! The day is dedicated to gorging rich, fatty, delicious foods... all without the guilt of calories or gaining weight. I didn't even know such a wonderful holiday existed. Bring on the cookies! More chew bones, please! How about some chunks of my favorite cheese? Don't hold back Linda, it's the perfect day to fry-up some bacon. (Which Linda has never even cooked. I had it out at a picnic once from someones sandwich.) I'm besides myself with joy.

Oh wait. Linda just said to chill-out. We don't do Fat Tuesday. It's the day some people celebrate to start the season of Lent. Lent is a 40-day period before Easter where Catholics fast in penance. (Linda said she might be making that up. It's been a lot of years since she has been Catholic.) I'm not sure one day of eating all I want is worth 40-days of fasting. Never mind.