Friday, April 29, 2011

Do Cats Live Forever?


Chip has decided that she has as much right to sit on the love seat with Linda as Chim and I do. This means that when we are totally chilling (me sleeping, Chimmie shoving a wet, sloppy toy into Linda's face) and the cat wants up, our relaxing time is over. She jumps on the arm of the sofa, hisses like a 600 pound tiger who lost her cub, and makes Chimmie and I flee to safety. Usually if she jumps up I stay on the other side of Linda and just Chim panics. Lately her hisses sound like she means business and I'm not taking any chances. Chip is so old, Linda can't believe she is still alive. No one can remember the year she came to live with us, but Linda thinks Taylor was in 2nd grade. Now he's been married almost 4 years! She can jump up onto the dining room table, on Linda's high bed and still has an amazing appetite. Linda does still love her, even though she isn't a cat person and Chip really belongs to Tierney.