Monday, April 25, 2011

Fiesta Pet Day!


I love Fiesta Pet Day at our local Town Center. Last year I met my friends Bo-Bo and Belle there (with Leslie and Naj) and we hung out and had a great lunch together. This years festival is May 7th, 10-4 p.m. Besides tons of vendors selling cool stuff, there are contests, demo's and lots of human and dog treats to enjoy. The only downside is that Chimmie is petrified of other dogs. It will be a huge challenge for Linda to try and take both of us by herself. Either she is going to have to get some of her church friends to walk around with us, or Chimmie has to stay home. There is a whole group of folks with little purse size pups who might want to check out the festival. Chim will freak out with the 500 leashed dogs walking around at any given time, but it might be good for him to just do total immersion and get it over with. If it does not work out, maybe one of her friends without a dog can walk him to a quite spot and rest while Linda and I look at the booths and greet the other dogs. If she goes alone, I might just ride in the "carry me" the entire time and she can try to handle Chim on the leash. This is Xena, the Chi from my old small dog meet-up group.