Monday, April 25, 2011

My Safeguard


Our weather went right from cold to hot, so cool spring. It's in the high 80's and sunny as can be. Linda left Chimmie outside for 5 hours today. She was a little concerned that he might overheat, but there is his doghouse and plenty of shade on the deck. She also left him 3 bowls of water in case he was just being Chimmie and he spilled it being rambunctious. Linda is thinking of putting him in the bathroom and leaving me outside for round two of teaching. She only has one more, from 4:15-5:15, so it won't be for long. Dennis is coming back this afternoon while she is gone to move the rest of Bob's furniture out of the room he was storing it in. They will have the door propped open and Linda is afraid one or both of us will run outside or get stepped on. This way, Chim's safe in the bathroom and I'm safe outside. (Unless some giant hawk decides he is hungry and eats me up. Maybe she'll baby gate me in the back of the house and put Chim back outside. He's way too heavy for hawk food.) If Snickers was still alive, he'd protect me even if a black bear came in our yard. Look how much he loved me!