Friday, April 15, 2011

God Loves All of His Creation


Not everyone has been reading my blog from the very beginning. I know personally who has (thanks!) but some might not know that I have suffered with horrible seizures since I was a newborn. The very first one made Linda freak-out and rush me to a 24-hour vet clinic. It almost looks like an epileptic episode, but my whole side goes stiff, my head tilts at a crazy angle to the side and my eyes glaze over. For about an hour after, I just lay on my side and look dazed. I've had so many tests and seen a special vet, and they all wanted to put me on a special hard-core medicine with terrible side effects. These were happening at least 2x a week. Thankfully, for the last year I have not had one! Linda says it's because God healed me. (I know some people don't think that could be true, or that God would not waste his time on healing dogs. Even John Wesley prayed to God for healing of his lame horse and it was instantly healed. ) If you are still interested in the story.. read on. It was a beautiful spring day, just like yesterday. It was before Chimmie came to live with us, so it was just Linda and I. We were about 1/2 mile from home when the worst seizure yet happened. She sat down on the sidewalk, cradled me in her lap and prayed to God for my healing and to stop the seizures forever. I was so stiff that she thought I was crossing the rainbow bridge for sure. She wondered how she could rush home with me in her arms without hurting me. Just then she looked up and noticed a lady had just put one of those umbrella strollers out to the curb for the trash man to pick up. Linda ran across the street, got the stroller and laid me in it. (She even used the little seat belt for safety.) She was able to jog home and get me to my bed where I recovered 100%. I've never had another seizure after that. The only lasting symptom I have is that for some strange reason, my tail never straightened out. She said that is always a reminder to her that God healed me.