Saturday, October 29, 2011

In Case You Missed it the First Time

I'm really sorry that the weather is so nasty today.  The one Saturday that Linda is free from 1 p.m. on, we wake up to freezing rain and snow.  There won't be any walks today.  She had to get her boots, ear muffs and coat on to take Chimmie down off the deck early this morning. (Thanks to the Toms,  we have a bright light on our back deck stairs now.  It was dark and the steps were slippery.)  He would not leave the overhang on the deck to go do his business.  When she finally suited up and carried him down, he peed under the deck for almost a minute and did his other business right away.  She let me use the pee pad again because I'm much more delicate than he is and the freezing rain would make me sad.  He's already forgotten about the cold, wet feeling on his feet and fur.  I would sulk for hours.  Tier thinks that Linda favors me and spoils me.  Not true.  Chimmie is just a different kind of dog than I am.  He does not like to be carried around in a purse and hates car rides.  He is super strong and hearty, so a little snow does not really bother him once he's out in it.  If any snow does accumulate by this afternoon, I'm sure he'll do his Cheetah Chimmie figure 8's around the backyard and enjoy the flying snow as he runs. Linda will have the iPhone set to video so she can get it on record.