Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday Lunch

Tier gave Linda the most beautiful flowers for her birthday today and two cards.  One from Tier and one from all the pets they ever had:  Mattie, Pumpkin, Lickie, Chip, Sheba, Snickers, Rocky, Chimmie and Choop!   Then she went to lunch with Tier, Sarah and Taylor to celebrate....and that is just part one.  Part two is tonight when they go out for ice cream after church.  Taylor said the diets will start tomorrow, so they might as well eat all they want today.  Linda said my diet has to start tomorrow too.  I'm back up to 6 pounds.  The 1/2 pound I lost over the summer has crept back on.  The vet really wants me between 5-5 1/2 pounds to help my knee issues.  Losing 1 pound to me is comparable to a grown up person losing 30 pounds.  It will really take the stress of my joints.  Because the nerve in her back had been pinched so bad, it was hard for Linda to add extra walks on top of teaching her classes.  Now that she is 90% healed and mostly out of pain, she can   do our 3 a days again.   Linda even loses weight when we do our daily hour long trail walks.  They forgot to take the family photo, so they will do that tonight and I'll post it here.  Until then, here is a place holder photo.