Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Don't Be Fooled

Sure, it looks harmless right now.. but just wait
Linda is always teasing me about my intense fear of deer.  I shut down, and go catotonic when ever a deer is in my line of vision.  It could be 30 yards away and I still shake and whine.  They are crafty critters who I'm sure would stab me with their antler if they ever had the chance.  A jogger this week was almost killed dead by a deer.  She was being trailed by a deer who was stalking her in the field next to the road.  She kept looking back over her shoulder, and the deer was pacing her step for step.  The next thing she knew, the deer had charged her and she was fighting for her life.  The women tried to play dead, but she felt the antlers piercing through her body, including her neck!  By now, the deer had dragged her into the corn field.  Knowing she would die if she did not stay on the road where a car could see her, the lady started fighting for her life.  A 17-year old girl drove by and saw the attack.  She hopped out of the car and started punching and kicking the deer to get it off the women. Her Dad was following in another car and he jumped out of his car with a hammer to help.  The crazy deer then turned on the man and started gouging him too!  Everyone will live, but I'm sure be horribly scared from the vicious attack.