Thursday, October 13, 2011

100 Things

Still no sign of the dumpster.  Linda has her camera at the front door waiting so she can catch a shot of the big truck backing into our tiny-weeny driveway to dump the dumpster.  She could not sleep last night because she kept thinking "This is it... I'm getting ready to move.... But I love my house, I love all the room.... I love the backyard... But I hate the mowing... I don't need all these rooms.... Tier's TH is adorable!... Where will the dogs run?.....I'm going to be throwing away my history in that dumpster, all the stuff from when I was little, my Mom was little and my Grandma was little.... This is stupid, I need to move because it's too expensive to live here alone.... But God's provided every month, am I not trusting God by downsizing?....This house is so old fashioned, no one will even want to buy it......What if I ever get remarried, I'll want even more room for his stuff.... and on, on, on...."   I told her to take a chill pill and go to sleep already.  We slept from 2:00-4:30 a.m.  She's already working getting bags ready for the dumpster.  Please excuse Linda if she is emotional the next time you see her.  Hug her and tell her it's better to have less things and be unencumbered with weights to tie you down.  Remember Linda, one of your goals in life was to only have 100 things.  You've even made your list of the 100 things you would keep.  It's been 15 years of planning your 100 things and changing the list.  You have all the websites bookmarked of people who downsized to 100 things.  Remember it used to make Jerry nuts?  He said he would do it if he could have 100 Batman comics, 100 Superman comics, 100 tee shirts, etc.  You are on your way starting today... 100 things, 100 things, 100 things....
.
Article in Time Magazine, How to Live With 100 Things
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1812048,00.html

UPDATE:  Linda has been working hard all morning, and the dumb-dumpster guys are still not here.  She can't fit anymore stuff in the driveway or the container won't fit!  Injuries so far:  one smashed toe, one cut finger from broken glass, one hurting Chimmie butt from being spanked because he chewed the carpet while she was in the garage.