Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What I Learned Today....

Get in my Belly
Today I learned about a tiny fly that bites the heads off of ants and then makes their homes inside the head.  I learned that a movie star is divorcing her husband because he wanted to send their 5-year old daughter to live on a Scientology cult ship.  I learned that two giant 16 feet Great White Sharks are living right off shore in Cape Cod.  (They haven't even closed the beach!) I learned its been hot enough to bake cookies in your car.  (A lady left a baking sheet of raw chocolate chip cookies on her car dashboard and went into work.  When she came back 8-hours later, the cookies were totally baked and ready to snack on during her ride home.)  I learned a 9-year old boy in California is in college studying science. His quote: "I like particle physics, anti-matter, the fate of the universe and the Big Bang."  I learned that at Sears, you can now put your Cancun vacation on layaway and make weekly payments.  I learned that the price per pound of lobster in Maine is now cheaper than a pound of bologna. I learned that some Civil War soldiers glowed in the dark. (http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/122477).

I learned all this in less than 10 minutes by reading just the headlines and quickly scanning the articles.  Linda said she is defiantly going back and reading about the glowing Civil War soldiers though.