Sunday, July 1, 2012

We're Safe and Sound

 Near the Courthouse
What started out as a normal busy Friday ended with Linda fearing for our safety.  We weren't watching TV or reading any news when we went to bed, so when the sound of a train roaring though our backyard started, Linda pretty much thought I was going to replay my role in the Wizard of Oz... this time for real.  A storm of epic proportions hit our house with zero warning.  The windows shook, she heard trees coming down and our deck furniture was being tossed around like Chimi shakes his Flat Coyote.  The hail/rain/whatever it was hitting the roof and windows sent both Chim and I into full blown panic mode.  Our lights kept flickering but she just kept praying and reading with the flashlight next to The Bed Bed.  In the morning, our street was littered with down trees.  More than 1/2 of the customers from our power company were without electricity.  There are still lots of people without power tonight.  Our internet went down too.  The first thing I did when it came back up... update my blog!  I know you all must have been worried sick about me, right?? We are all fine, thank the Lord.

Linda is tired from her workshop this weekend, she'll write more about it tomorrow.  Let's just say that she is really excited about the all the new teaching opportunities that could come her way!