Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No Comment

Sometimes I think the major news agencies read my posts. Either that or I have incredible ESP.   I'll write about something and the next morning I find an article about the very subject online at AOL or MSNBC.  Case in point:  Last night I wrote about Linda wanting to see the new Batman movie "Dark Night Rises."  Earlier, I posted about people leaving negative comments on my blog so I turned them off.  Guess what was in the news this morning?  Put those two things together and you have the answer!  The popular "Rotten Tomatoes" (a movie review site) has turned off it's comment section on the reviews who are panning "Dark Night Rises."  People are leaving negative, threatening and profanity laced comments on any reviewer who gives the movie a rotten tomato.  It's the first time in the sites history they ever had to turn off the reader comment section.  I believe in free speech and the ability to strongly disagree with someones opinion.  I don't believe it's right to be mean spirited, nasty or threatening in voicing that opinion.... especially when it's about a dumb movie.  (There, I said it.. yes it's only a dumb movie.  If my comments were turned on, people would be blasting me for calling a Batman movie dumb.) 

          BatMonkey (sketched by you know who)