Friday, July 20, 2012

Weeds > Grass

We didn't lose our electricity last night, but the rain was torrential. Our empty swimming pool had about 3-4" of water in it this morning!  It wasn't too heavy for Linda to dump out though.  The rain made our brown lawn much greener.  That's the cool thing about having a lawn made up of almost 100% weeds.  They grow so fast!
I know you look forward to these exciting lawn photos

   The bad part about the storm was how it effects me.  Linda really needs to get me a thunder shirt.  I panted and stressed the entire time.  According to reviews, the shirts really do work to calm nervous dogs.  The weirdest thing is that the storms don't phase Chim at all. A crunchy leaf blowing across the sidewalk is terrifying, but he totally ignores loud thunder.  He always tries to distract me during the worst thunder by starting up a wrestling match.  He knows it stresses me and tries to take my off it.  Either that or the thunder excites him and revs him up for serious playtime.

p.s.  I had to google "how to type the greater than sign" since Linda had no idea where it was on the keyboard.