Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Open Wide and say "Ahhhh"

"PLEASE Don't leave me here alone!"
(This is Linda writing)  It was so sad leaving Lil' Choop at the vet this morning for her teeth cleaning.  She shook and panted heavily in the car during the 15 minute drive.  I felt horrible leaving her, but she has to have the surgery to prolong her life.  The Vet told me that gum disease can take years off a dogs life.   While I was filling out the paperwork, she jumped off my lap to greet 3 giant dogs who came in for groomings.  There were two big black labs and a lab/German Shepard mix.. and she just ran to stand right in the middle of them.  Luckily, they were all very friendly and gave her lots of kisses and nose nudges instead of chomping down on her head.  The impromptu play time did take her mind off how scared she was though.  The tech said she should be ready to be picked up by 2:00 p.m.  She'll be on pain meds for a few days after the surgery, so hopefully that will ease her discomfort.  I'm not sure what's going to ease my discomfort at the $628 dollar estimate for the procedure.