Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Story of Taylor

Just pretend it's Choopie in the picture.  This is how Taylor treated me.
It's almost the 1-year anniversary of the day Chimmie came to live with use.  Linda was cleaning (is that a surprise?) and found the hand-written contract she wrote up when she bought him.  It was weird that we even got Chim in the first place.  Every Sunday we were going to big pet adoption events looking for another dog.  Linda had her heart set on getting a large dog.  One Sunday, she thought she found the perfect pooch.  He was a full Pitt Bull named Taylor; about 70 pounds of muscle and just beautiful.  All the dogs at the fair were scaring me and I was super shy that day.  When I saw Taylor sitting calm and peaceful in the middle of all the commotion, I ran up to him and curled my body into his side like I used to do with Snickers.  He licked me a few times and then decided it was his job to protect me from the other dogs.  If another dog came close, Taylor wouldn't move, he just picked his ears up and made eye contact.  They would turn and walk away.   Linda just felt in her heart that Taylor was our dog.  She talked to the people in charge to find out more about it, but they had no information how he got to the rescue, why or had any of his health records.  There was some little hitch inside her that told her to wait and not take him right then.  The next day she went to the adoption agencies web site and called to see if they had any more information at the center.  He was already gone, adopted later that Sunday!  Linda can still remember his gentle eyes and how sweet Taylor treated me.  We really hope he found a wonderful home.  Stay tuned for Part Two of how we got Chimmie later today.