Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm Thankful I'm Not a Pig

One of the reasons Linda is a vegetarian is because she does not like food that looks like the animal.  For instance, the whole Thanksgiving turkey gives her the willies.  All those pieces of grizzle, tendons and flesh on the bone are awful.  She can be around other people who eat it as long as it does not come near her plate. She can cook us our boneless chicken breast (although she dislikes it) because it's easy to pretend it's not from some poor dead chicken.  Fish served with the head on?  No thank you.  Meat so raw that the blood leaks onto your potatoes?  Ewwww!!!  She is wondering why in the world would someone by this boneless piece of pork shaped like a baby pig.  Plus this is the add copy:
  
Hello! My name is Banquet Fiesta Piglet! My middle name IS BONELESS!!!  I'M EASY, just fire up the oven to 300F (I fit almost each of them).
Cover me with the aluminum foil for the first 2 hours, then bake me at 350-400F for additional 1.5 hour or until golden brown.  I'LL BE PERFECTLY CRISP AND TASTY. 
She is thinking that these Thanksgiving Gumballs would be a perfect idea for dinner this year.  You get three flavors: Turkey, Cranberry and Pumpkin Pie.  Imagine if she had her friends over and set the table with beautiful china, flowers and candles?  She would have everyone seated then bring out three bowls of the flavored gumballs.

After they eat, she can serve Mashed Potato, Turkey & Gravy, Butter, Green Bean Casserole and Cranberry soda.  Sounds like big fun to me!

P.S.  Almost at 300 views already again this Thursday!! Thursday is devoted to mostly Noah posts and I think I have readers who just tune in on Noah day.