Monday, June 30, 2008

It's so hot the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

Since MSNBC has been reading my blog and scooping my stories, I'm going to pay them back. So there. It's been hot here in Virginia, but other places have also experienced a rise in the tempetuare. In Rome, it's the hottest summer in 20 years. In order to keep their zoo animals cool, children in the zoo's summer school have made frozen blocks of kiwi, melon, grapefruit and apples as snacks to keep them cool. The frozen treat blocks force them to eat slower and it helps their digestion. The bears get ice blocks with frozen fish. The fruit ice sounds yummy, but the last time I ate fish I had some kind of a seizer, so I'll leave that for Yogi and Smokey Bear to enjoy. After lunch, the animals can frolic in their pools or play in the sprinkler. On the 4th of July, Linda is going to set the sprinkler up in the backyard so Snicks and I can chase the ball under the water spray. Then we'll enjoy our ice pops & burgers. Since I'm a kind dog, Chip can come to the picnic but she has to stay up on the deck in the burning hot sun and drink lukewarm water while she watches us since cat's hate water. (My server won't let me upload any photos, darn. I'll try again later.)