Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dung Beetle


I love reading the news. Just when I think there isn't anything weirder out there, I come across another interesting story. A company is trying to make a cheaper, cleaner and renewable alternative to crude oil. By the year 2011, LS9 Inc. is hoping to build plants that will produce the Oil 2.0. So far the company is able to produce small amounts of the biofuel, enough to fill a beaker, but has yet to even produce even one barrel of the fuel a week. You are probably saying aloud "Choopie, this is not a weird story. Plenty of people are looking for alternative fuel sources." I agree and applaud them. Only this company is making oil from bug poop. You read it right, bug poop. There is a bunch of scientific gobblydegook in the article if you are interested in the process. Just google bug poop. I wonder who's job is it to collect the poo? Tierney is out looking for summer job, I'll let her know when she gets home.