Monday, June 16, 2008

Trouble Brewing


Life is not always fair to the four-legged loved ones, even if you are in the will. Trouble, Leona Helmsely's dog, was left $12 million dollars in a trust fund. Some stingy judge in New York reduced the fund to $2 million. That's $10 million in lost Milk Bones! Unthinkable. If she wanted the dog to get $2 mil, that is what she would have left Trouble. I'm sure Trouble is about to blow his top right about now. The remaining money will go to a charity. Hopefully, it will go to a shelter or an organization that helps pets, maybe a new shelter in Little Rock. Remember to contact a lawyer if you want to include your four-legged loved one in your will. (Well, cats have four legs but obviously, they don't count.) Make sure you include the caregiver, standard of living, executor, and what happens to the money if the dog dies. Although if Linda died and Tierney was my caregiver/executor... I'm sure she would be buying me sports cars, trips to Europe, LV bags, diamonds, designer clothes.... so I guess the judge did know what he was doing after all. (Wait, Linda only has enough money for the cheap dog food, so I guess in my case it doesn't count.)