Monday, June 30, 2008

No Wonder There is "MAD" Cow Disease


I love chasing my ball up and down the hallway. Every night before bed, Linda tosses the ball and I run, run, run after it. Sometimes she does it in the dark so I have to use my "spidy" senses to find it. She also likes to laugh when Chip cat hides in the doorways and jumps out at me. My little ball is rubber and squeaks. Today I found out something very disturbing about leather balls. Did you know it takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs? Just one year! Most of the leather purchased in the US is imported from far away places like China. The conditions for these poor cows are just horrible. Besides being starved, forced to march long distances, and crammed tightly into transport trucks, the slaughter process is too horrible to even write about. If that was not enough, a certain basketball star who's initials are MJ makes more money from Nike Leather Shoes annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined. Guess what the average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches. A lot of cows are dying annually for sports balls and sneakers. Hey Ya'll, lets start playing with rubber balls! Killing rubbers does not seem nearly as bad as killing cows. Check out this site: www.veganstore.com.