Thursday, June 12, 2008

No Monkeys Were Harmed in the Writing of this Blog


It's a little early to be thinking about the afterworld. I am only 1 1/2 years old and am looking forward to a long life. My favorite movie "All Dogs Go To Heaven" is always a comfort to watch. Because advanced planning is a good idea, I've told Linda about my last wishes. Friends Forever in Fort Loudon, Pa. offers a service so people can have their pets freeze-dried. First, the internal organs are removed, and then its body is placed in a vacuum chamber where the moisture is slowly sucked out. This takes several months to a year based on the size of the dog. Since I am only 4 1/2 pounds... Linda won't have to wait too long. The cost is $850-$4,000 depending on body weight. So for only $850, she can have a little freeze-dried Choopie dog. About 30 people a year actually use this service. I am going to do my best to find a photo of a freeze dried dog. Until then, here is a photo of freeze dried monkey.