Sunday, June 15, 2008

Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine




I love Pearls Before Swine. It would be fun if I could be a character in their comic strip. I can relate a little to Pig because he is kind and sweet and likes to lay around resting and watching TV. Pig also sees the good in all people and happily endures Rats zingers and barbs. Chip cat is obviously like Rat. Arrogant, self-centered, mean, with a quick temper. He hangs around with Pig because it makes him feel superior to tell Pig he is stupid and slow. Snickers is Goat, the smart brainiac who wants to be left alone to read and think. What Chip doesn't know is that we let her hang out with us because no one else in the world would tolerate her meanness. I know Chip is just insecure and tells me I'm stupid because she is afraid of looking stupid herself. I'm going to write the artist who draws Pearls Before Swine and tell him to read my blog. Maybe he'll add "Puppy" as one of the friends. I wonder if he knows the strips name is from the Bible, Matthew 7:6.