Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First Dog Park Visit of the Year

Chim's first dog park trip.  What a disaster! (Look, I'm bigger than he is!)
When Linda got in her car after her noon class, the temperature gauge read 80 degrees.  Yes, 80!  As she drove, it dropped down to 70, but that's crazy warm for February 1st!  Paul Walker took us to the dog park today.  The Big Dog side had a lot of dogs playing, but the little dog side was almost empty.  There was one pup there, but he had been there for awhile so was ready to go home after only 20 minutes of playing with us.  Chimmie did great, he wasn't scared at all.  If there would have been more dogs there, it would have been harder for him to relax.  All in all, (except for the excessive licking and his little problem with chewing things) he has turned into a very good dog.  Sure he's got lots of energy, but that's just his breed.  He actually listens on walks better than I do!  If I want to smell something, no amount of calling my name or tugging on the leash will get me to move.  You have to pick me up and move me from the smell.  Chim comes the second you say his name. 

"Save Me From These Killer Dogs!"