Friday, February 3, 2012

Slow Poke

Paul Walker took us on a short trail walk.  It's a nice, but chilly day.  I don't know why, but I'm way slower than I used to be.  Linda noticed it on the trail a few days ago.  I have to stop and smell everything.  Each new plant, leaf, stone, twig all demand my full attention.  Plus, when they try to make me walk, I just dig in my paws and refuse to budge until I'm done sniffing.  It's so annoying that Linda is just carrying me now.  I always obeyed before, so she is puzzled why now I am so rebellious.  She's going to have to go back to dog walking 101.  That means a very tight lead (none of this 6' retractable leash that I've become accustomed too) and I'll have to stay right at her side on a short leash.  That's the only way I'll relearn that I can't decided when to stop and smell the roses.  Chimmie smells things when we walk together, but he comes the instant Linda calls him.  When it's just Linda and Chim on a walk, he never stops.  He'll just trot along side of her the entire time.  She has to make him stop and pee. 
Awwww!  Look at baby Chimmie.  He was sooooo little.