Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

"What?  How could I have gained weight! I've been doing so good!"
Today is Fat Tuesday.  I have no idea why there is a holiday that celebrates fatness, but if there ever was a day to get your inner-glutton on today would be the day.  Linda said it has something to do with a parade in New Orleans where you wear crazy makeup, costumes and throw beads up in the air.  Here in my home town, I would like to celebrate it by eating some extra cookies and a whole slice of cheese!  No can do says Linda.  We need to keep eating healthy so we live long and stay strong.   My added pound and a half is terrible for my knees and breathing spasms.  Linda feels ridiculously better when she eats healthy.  For instance, this morning she had an 8 oz. protein shake (which turned out to be not to be big enough to fuel her through her tough class) and this was lunch: 

Roasted veggies and a sweet potato
So delicious and healthy!  (She'll need to have another protein shake as a snack a little later since there wasn't any included in this meal.)