Monday, February 13, 2012

R2 Dog2

A better idea would be for the guy to just get a robot dog!
I don't know how the dogs of workaholics actually have any quality of life.  I'm sure they are fed and walked once a day, but being alone 12 hours a day would just suck.  We hate being alone for more than 4 hours, although it happens sometimes when our dog sitters can't visit.  I guess lots of workaholics are rich from working so much so they can hire people to interact with their lonely dogs.  Or... if you are a genius robotic engineer who works for Microsoft you can build a robot who takes care of Fido.  The guy uses a Xbox controller and pilots the Bot from his work.  It has a webcam, ball thrower and retriever and a treat and food dispenser.  The article did not say if can open the door so the dog can do his business in the backyard.  I guess he must have built a robotic arm for pooper-scooping.  Although I applaud the time, money and energy it took to build the Robot Dog Sitter,  I wish the guy would just work a little less and spend some real-time with his dog.  P.S.  Chimmie would chew the robot to bits on it's first day.